Posted on September 8, 2015
So You Think You Can House Shop????
The time has come, you’ve thought about it long and hard and you’re ready for a property search. You’ve looked at your budget, talked to your bank/mortgage broker and all is as it should be. You’re ready to buy a house. Think you should start surfing the web and see what’s out there? Not yet. Unless you want to spend the better part of your free time sitting in front of a computer.
There are literally THOUSANDS of Real Estate home sites to peruse and if you’re not clear on what you’re looking for in a property search it’s easy to get overwhelmed. It’s a good idea to first figure out EXACTLY what you’re looking for. Here’s some good questions:
- How large does the house have to be for my family to be comfortable?
- How many rooms and bathrooms are required?
- What size of yard will accommodate children and pets?
- What are my current parking and transportation needs?
- How important is having a house close to work, local amenities, public transportation?
- In which areas of the city/country would you like to live? Are there areas that you want to avoid?
- Are there special considerations required for hobbies, guests, potential additions to the family, physical limitations or disabilities?
The answers to these questions will help you not only determine the type of house that will be the best for you, but also save you time from viewing houses that don’t meet your personal criteria.
To start your home search and find local listings in the area, contact me and we can review your criteria and find houses that meet your personal criteria. Don’t forget Realtors® have access to ALL listings that can be found online as well as those not yet on the market. Let us do the leg work for you and find what YOU need to